emissia.offline ART 631
Received from: "Vladimir N. Romanenko" vladimir@VR1682.spb.edu
JOURNAL OF THE TEACHING OF MATHEMATICS AND
The Journal of the Teaching of Mathematics and Informatics (JTMI) is designed for
teachers of Mathematics and Informatics, professional mathematicians and specialists in
Informatics, educational researchers and administrators, pedagogues, psychologists,
students and for all those who aspire to raise the quality and effectiveness of education
in Mathematics and Informatics.
THE GOALS OF THE JTMI
- To be a source of new scientific knowledge, theories, topics, Olympiad materials,
creative problems, ways of approaching problem solving, and to be appropriate for
education in Mathematics and Informatics of both a) talented and gifted students, and b)
secondary school students.
- To disseminate the experience of teachers, educators, and researchers regarding their
actual work on the problems of Mathematics and Informatics.
- To become one of the forums where current reforms in education worldwide, new
curriculums, positive methods and forms of teaching, latest teaching materials are
presented and discussed.
- To provoke interest in creating and solving difficult problems for competitions in
Mathematics and Informatics. CONTENT Papers accepted for publication will demonstrate
THE EDITORIAL BOARD CALLS FOR:
- Papers by eminent lecturers.
- Papers on Mathematics and Informatics that offer new ideas, results, and technologies of
- Papers that describe work with gifted and talented
students with an emphasis on a) preparation for competitions and Olympiads; b) creation of
problems, puzzles, and games in Mathematics and Informatics.
- Papers that discuss excellence in teaching at all levels - methods of teaching, new
curriculum materials, classroom experiments, reforms in education, learning through
- Reviews on research in education - experiments and results.
- Samples of entry exams for Colleges and Universities and their evaluation.
- Latest news on teaching experiences home and abroad - regular publications of dates and
places where Olympiads, competitions and conferences on education in Mathematics and
Informatics are held.
- Problems designed for students and (a student's corner). There will be a prize system
for best solutions submitted by students.
SCT Publishing AMK Central Post Office P.O. Box 0581 Singapore 9156 REPUBLIC OF
- Ali Rejali, Isfahan University of Technology, Iran;
- Angel Sever Popescu, Technical Univ. of Civil Engineer., Romania;
- Chunyan Guo, Capital Normal University, China;
- Derek Holton, University of Otago, New Zealand;
- Jozsef Pelikan, Eotvos Lorand University, Hungary;
- Maria Falk de Losada, Colombia;
- Masami Isoda, University of Tsukuba, Japan;
- Michal Yerushalmy, University of Haifa, Izrael;
- Nikolay Konstantinov, Moscow State University, Russia;
- Nikolas Rozov, Moscow State University, Russia;
- Panagiotis Vlamos, School of Mathematics for Gifted, Greece;
- Robert Geretschlager, Graz High School of Mathematics, Austria;
- Sergei Abramovich, State University of New York at Potsdam, USA;
- Shailesh Shirali, Rishi Valley School, India;
- Viktor Plotnikov, Kiev University, Ukraine;
- Vladimir Romanenko, SPb State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering, Russia;
- Zhang Junda, Institute of Educational Science, Capital Normal University, China
Papers will be reviewed first by the members of the editorial board. Those appropriate
for the journal will be sent to at least two experts in a particular field for review. All
reviews will be "blind", that is, without identifying the author(s). Editorial
feedback and/or reviews will be provided to the authors of all manuscripts. Articles may
be rejected or accepted outright, or accepted with a request for revision. In some cases,
papers that require major revision will not be officially accepted or rejected, but will
be reconsidered in a revised form.
MANUSCRIPTS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- Title with a running head.
- The author (s) name: first name(s) and surname (s).
- Abstract 15 lines long at most.
- Author's full postal and e-mail addresses.
A manuscript has not to exceed 15 pages including the list of references, and it has to
be written in TEX, LATEX, Scientific World Place, or Word for Windows.The papers have to
be written in British english. Remember that tables, figures and charts are effective ways
to replace dull text and that examples and stories can help capture the reader's interest.
All figures must be suitable for reproduction without being retouched or redrawn. When you
describe new approaches and programs, please, include evaluative information.
Submit to the Chief Editor Emilia Angelova Velikova:
- One title page that includes the title of the manuscript, names of all authors, name of
a contact author, and complete postal and e-mail addresses for all authors;
- One copy of your complete manuscript;
- One copy on a diskette or by e-mail of your complete manuscript;
- Two "blind" copies that omit your name and any reference to your institution.
Mail your submission to: EMILIA ANGELOVA VELIKOVA Journal of the Teaching of
Mathematics and Informatics Department of Applied Mathematics and Informatics Pedagogical
Faculty Angel Kanchev Rousse University 8 Studentska st. 7017 Rousse BULGARIA
fax: + 359-82-455-145 Tel: +359-82-628-403
If you have any questions, please, contact the Chief Editor Emilia Velikova. Thank you
for your interest in and support of the Journal of the Teaching of Mathematics and