emissia.offline ART 236
В период с 12 по 14 июня 1996 в Оулу (Финляндия) проводилась седьмая ежегодная конференция европейской ассоциации по информатизации образования.
Ниже приводятся тезисы доклада, включенного в программу конференции от РГПУ им.А.И.Герцена (доц. А.А.Ахаян).
EAEEIE '96 ANNUAL CONFERENCE ON EDUCATION IN ELECTRICAL
AND INFORMATION ENGINEERING
TELEMATICS FOR FUTURE EDUCATION AND TRAINING
June 12-14, 1996. University of Ouly, Finland
THE PEGAGOGICAL DISTANT EDUCATIONAL SUBSYSTEM:
A PART OF THE DISTANT EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM IN RUSSIA
Department of Physical Electronics
Alexander Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia
St.Petersburg, 191186, Russia
tel: +7 812 2196655. fax: +7 812 3147654. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The Herzen State Pedagogical University has begun work on a new project to create a special pegagogical subsystem for distance learning along the lines of the United Federal System for Distance Education in Russia.
The project consists of a number of subprojects. Of them the most important is the creation of an Institute of Telecommunications Support for Education at the Herzen University, in conjunction with the Northwest Centre of Pedagogical Subsystems for Distance Education. This Project is based on two years' of work in distance learning at the Herzen's Emissia Laboratory.
Two years ago Emissia set up an Electronic Educational Bank and Educational Mail-Server EDU@EMISSIA. Even before that the EDU@EMISSIA server had come to host a number of new research-oriented products and facilities, such as original research papers from Herzen, Digests of Northwest Branch of Russian Academy of Education, and Digests from educational USENET newsgroups (sci.edu, sci.physics, etc.).
Today Herzen's Emissia Laboratory produces _emissia.offline,_ a moderated educational newsgroup available from EDU@EMISSIA via RELCOM-INTERNET with over 200 users from institutions of higher learning in Russia and countries around the world, including the United States, Israel, and Australia.
Under the current project, The Institute of Telecommunications Support for Education will offer services through the following three departments:
1. Department of electronics and methodology for distance education providing:
- research capabilities at the electronics and methodology for distance education;
- lecture course in Telecommunications in Education plus telecommunications classes for students of all departments of Herzen University.
2. Educational Telecommunications Publishing House (Server) providing:
- Electronic bank of pedagogical, research and methodological materials
- Moderated educational newsgroup, allowing teleconferencing among universities and secondary schools.
3. Telecommunications Laboratory offering:
- current educational facilities for students of Herzen University;
- capabilities for a University-wide network as well as an educational network covering Northwest Russia providing Internet accessfor students seeking masters and doctoral degrees and for foreign students currently enrolled at the Herzen University;
- access to the University educational file-server and moderated educational newsgroup.
As planned, the Institute of Telecommunication Support for Education, will be operational at the Herzen University in 1996, such a Northwest Centre of Russian Pedagogical Subsystems for Distance Education and Pedagogical Investigations.